Cannabutter or weed butter is an integration of butter and cannabis. Commonly, it is utilized for making cannabis edibles, especially baked goods, such as brownies and cookies. Before you buy or prepare cannabutter, you need to determine the effects that you want to experience. Cannabis comprises two chief compounds, and they are called cannabinoids; CBD or cannabidiol and THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is a highly psychoactive compound that makes people high, but CBD isn’t mind-altering. People take cannabis as it proposes multiple health benefits, and due to this, it is getting accepted for treating various ailments and diseases. Cannabutter is utilized for preparing various edible cannabis products, which makes it a well-known choice.
Chief Health Benefits
People consume cannabutter as it can relieve some troublesome symptoms. According to studies, it has been proved that cannabutter can help in alleviating chronic pain, and it comprises pain that is commonly related to anxiety, stress, arthritis, and different kinds of pain. Some studies have proved that the consumption of cannabis is helpful for people suffering from seizures, cancer, and long-term illnesses. Cannabutter comprises anti-nausea properties too, so it provides near-instant relief to those suffering from vomiting and nausea. It can also regulate people’s bodily functions that, include their metabolism and sleep cycle. Hence, if you suffer from insomnia, you can consume cannabutter to get relief.
If you don’t know how to make weed butter, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Use high-quality cannabis – The quality of cannabis a person uses determines the potency of the weed butter.
- Use good-quality butter – Regardless of your choice of butter, unsalted or salted, you need to use good-quality butter.
- Grind your cannabis – Grind your cannabis before you put it on a non-stick pan.
- Decarb the cannabis – To activate the useful cannabinoids, you must decarb or decarboxylate the flower first.
- Grind the cannabis flower – When you grind the cannabis, you will get ground and coarse herbs.
- Heat the oven – Heat your oven to 240 degrees, as it will be ideal for preparing the cannabutter.
- Spread the ground cannabis – You must spread the ground cannabis on a non-stick baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- Bake for thirty minutes – For decarbing, ideally, bake it for thirty minutes.
- Steep on the stovetop – After decarbing your weed, melt one cup of water and one cup of butter together.
- Add your decarbed cannabis – Use a lid to cover the pot, and after 3 hours, you will get the scent of cannabis that is mixed with butter.
- Strain – For straining, use a cheesecloth. And then, you need to pour the butter through this cheesecloth.
- Allow it to cool – After you strain the cannabutter, allow it to cool down. You must also remove additional water.
You will find your cannabutter to be ideal for eating. Hence, if you want to know how to make weed butter, you have to follow the above-mentioned steps.